Today I had another Dr.'s Appointment. We met with the doctor and he said the babies look really great. Baby A is approximately 2.2 lbs and Baby B is approximately 2.3 lbs. They are both growing symmetrically and they are both developing right on schedule. The doctor actually said, "this is probably the healthiest twin pregnancy I have ever dealt with." So that is really great news.
All in all it was a good appointment...other than the fact that the doctor told me I shouldn't be teaching anymore. For some reason I have really selective hearing when those words are spoken so I think I'm still going to teach a couple of my classes that are, in my opinion, low risk. I feel great and he said I could still work out/lift weights, etc. so what's the difference between lifting weights in the weight room and teaching my lift class? None. And so, I continue to teach.
Oh, did I forget to mention that we found out the babies genders?! Silly me. I really just wanted to leave you all hanging. :) Drum roll please..........Baby A=Girl and Baby B=Boy. Hooray!!! One of each. We couldn't be happier.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
35 comments:
YEAH!!!! Baby stealer! I LOVE YOU. Congratulations.
that is very great news, indeed! take care of those little ones!! congrats!
I am so jealous! I want twins so bad...especially one of each. (I know not a common want, but I had to get on board with the idea before starting fertility, so it was kind of disappointing when it wasn't.) I am excited for you!
How fun girl. Such exciting news for you guys. I am so happy you have a little girl in there. ..(no doubt an Evelyn??) ha I bet your pregnancy is very healthy...cause you work out so much. I am a true believer in exercise during pregnancy. I think it helps you to not be so sick and have a better pregnancy all around. congrats so exciting for both you and Mike. And good luck staying sane without your workouts. That is tough. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AS WELL.
What a cute blog! And congrats! That's fun you have one of each!! Jack will be such a cute big brother!!!
~Anna
A boy and a girl!! Yay! You are super woman! Working out still!
YA GO TWIN MAMA!!!! Ben and I are proud of you guys!!!
YEAH!!!! Just to add my two cents in, I think that a boy and a girl is the perfect way to go with twins...think about all the sibling rivalry that you will be able to avoid....I am SOOOO excited for you! How exciting.
oh, yeah, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love you
b
Hey that is so fun your having a boy and a girl! I'm so excited for you guys and im so glad i found your blog!! Happy Birthday!
CONGRATS!!!!!
How exciting! I still don't know how you comprehend news like that though, TWINS!! Crazy! Good Luck and Merry Christmas! Oh, Happy Birthday!
Congratulations Katie!
We wish you the best with your pregnancy and birth--we only wish we could see the babies when they come! :) We're also having another little one. (Did I already tell you?) I'll find out the sex in March.
hugs, Bethanyc
YEAH!!! Now jack has one of each!! and I will start on the head band making right away my dear friend!!
I must say. You all must be living right. What a blessing to have a healthy little boy, AND a healthy little girl.I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats.
Now I'm dieing to hear your name choices.
I'm so happy you feel great! Keep doing what you can, that's what I say. And one of each is the cutest kind of twins. Jack gets a little brother and a little sister at the same time!
p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Yay! That's awesome!!! How perfect! Congrats!!!!!!!
Get out. Seriously, could it be any better?
WOW!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so awesome. what classes are you going to still teach? I keep promising myself that after this semester is over i will get back to my regular workouts, which include you kick-boxing class. so let me know: )
I must say it is quite exciting and somewhat scary to contemplate another Smith/Bell addition coming this time in pairs. I suggest you consider investing in seat belts....for you as parents. Rich
So exciting!! I am pumped to buy something girly for baby A... :) I'm sure you are, too. Congrats!! So fun. What a great birthday treat! Happy bday, chica.
So glad to hear you are doing so well! And that is the most adorable header picture that I have ever seen! You guys are too cute.
I love your family picture. We are so excited for you guys and your twins..Have you thought of any names? How are you feeling?
First off that picture of your family is so amazing, i love it! What a great lookin bunch.
congrats on the great pregnancy and one of each. How fun for you. i hope things continue to go well!
Hey this is Tara's mom again. I think we need to see some of those side posing pictures of your belly on your blog. Tara says you look amazing and that you are still kick-boxing, or at least just recently stopped. I love to hear what is going on with Tara's favorite people, and you are one of them.
Hey Katie-
Can you please send us your address? We want to send you a Christmas card.
Marissaandblaine@hotmail.com
Thanks!
One of each... YEAH! and happy birthday :)
YEAH! That is so exciting! Congratulations. PS girls are SO high maintenance, but they are just so much fun to do the girly things with!! Congrats!
Congrat, congrats, congrats. So glad everything is going so well. You doctor is right--you need to take it easy, you don't want those babies bouncing out on their own.
La Fawn told me you are pregnant a while back now. I just read your blog TWINS. WOW!! I can see you having selective hearing. People like you and me would go crazy not beable to work out. You Rock! Hey I want to send you a invite to my blog. What is your email address? email me at daveoremma@yahoo.com
So happy for you, keep up the great work growing those little ones.
Congrats! I hope your feeling well!!
yeah! katie i am so happy for you! so are you no teaching Turbo Kick anymore...dang my life is totally going to suck from no on. i have acquired some AMAZING love handles in the last 3 weeks! lol. a boy and a girl! how perfect! i hope that you have a great Christmas! ps your family picture is so cute!
Man the next few years are going to be so fun for you! Congrats!!!
Hi Katie! I really did look up your blog! We missed you in class this week and look forward to hearing great news on the babies...your little boy is SOOO darling! Check out my family at piggyorange.blogspot.com and we'll keep in touch!!
Post a Comment