So, after many test drives and a whole bunch of research we broke down and bought a minivan (Toyota Sienna to be exact). We actually bought it about a month ago but we've just been driving the Subaru because we don't need the van yet, and because we've had "for sale" signs in the Subaru hoping to sell it.
Today was the day. We sold the Subaru!!! It's a bittersweet moment. I love that car, and Mike has grown quite fond of it too. Now, we are officially a minivan driving family. It's so bizzare...a little sickening, but necessary and practical.
Now all we need are the babies to fill the car! So long Subi...we'll miss you.
15 comments:
I <3 Minivans.
We have a Subi too and LOVE it. I guess that's more of an incentive for us to stay with 2.
Congrats! Welcome to mini van world :) The things we do to be more practical.... it may not be the coolest thing, but I think you will love it having the twins. It will be so much easier to get them in and out of!
Welcome to the minivan club. We put it off as long as we could too. When we finally broke down and bought one I couldn't have been happier. It really is the most cost efficient, well fitted car for a family of 5 or larger in our opinion. Congrats! :) We had to sell our jeep (that was as old as our marriage)last year after Noah. I know the feeling. Every now and then I wonder what she's (the jeep) is up to. :(
Wow! Crazy that you sold your subaru! Everytime I see a subaru I think of you...now I guess I will just have to change my mindset and instead of a subaru I will have to think of you when I see a Toyota Sienna. Congrats, though! So excited for the twins to join the family! Love you guys!
isn't great when somethign sells! what a great relief! enjoy the minivan! the only thing that i wish our tahoe had was the sliding doors of a minivan! those doors will come in handy when you have your hands full of babies and jack!
well, I officially can't be your friend anymore! HA! you know I am kidding. Welcome to true mormons motherhood. You either have to drive a minivan, a surburban or a hauler. So put up a pic of your new car. LOVE YOU
I am sure you will one of the hippest moms around, Katie, despite having a mini-van. Lol. I am sure you will be very thankful to have it when the babies come around. I am so excited that we will be here to meet them!
Fortunately, I don't have to sell my car when number three comes, because one of them is not in a car seat anymore. We shall see when number four comes. Those car seats are enormous! But, enjoy the new car anyway.
wow--you are offcially grown-up now that you own a minivan. Funny how having 3 kids completely changes your lifestyle--we need a new dining room table that will fit all of us . . . evetually. congrats!
I'm so glad you were able to sell it so quickly! I'm afraid we'll own a minivan too one day. And we'll probably grow to love it, bc I hear they are fine and dandy.
Great cars! I can feel your pain!
I will miss being squished in the backseat next to the baby throne!
oh i will miss the subi too! many fond memories in that car. driving to tkb in 5 ft deep snow (or 5 inchese, whatever). great times! miss you katie!
I can't believe you gave in to the minivan... can it pull a boat? :)
Post a Comment