Okay, I have a question. Oh, actually 2 questions:
1. Does the hot weather make anyone else not want to cook dinner? I feel like such a lame cook lately because I'm too hot to even feel like eating let alone cooking. What do you do on night like this?
2. Does being on facebook make anyone else a lame blogger? Since giving into pier pressure and joining facebook a few weeks ago I'm a completely non-existent blogger. What's up with that? I feel like I don't have the time (or motivation) to keep up on both.
Those are all my questions for now. On a side note, my babies are 4 months old today. Maybe I should take a picture...
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
AMEN to the cooking. I love to cook and can barely bring myself to do it in the summer.
I keep my house so cold, otherwise, nothing gets done. I can't function in hot weather.
As for facebook, I have quite the opposite effect. I hardly put pictures on my facebook because I already put them on my blog first!
Cooking - ME TOO. I've heard of people making all of their summer dinners in the crockpot and if the crockpot makes the kitchen warm then they put the crockpot outside to cook! I like cold pasta salad type stuff for dinners during the summer.
1. YES
2. and yes!
just like right now, i'm so hungry and it's dinner time... but obviously i don't feel like cooking!
i'm glad i'm not the only one :)
Oh you silly facebook girl. Every time I send you a message I get DENIED! Dang that internet! Well when you are already an amazing cook why not take a few days off huh? Plus the kitchen gets so dang hot when the oven or stove top are on, I don't blame you. Bring on the grill! Ok lets have a twin photo shoot!
This is when we (meaning, my husband) do the cooking outside and we grill most nights. Of course, I still do all the prep, but we eat a lot of grilled chicken, zuccini, corn on the cob and pineapple in the summer. Plus fresh fruit. Yum! But, turning the oven on is so hard this time of year.
Facebook...I haven't gotten into it any more than finding a few old friends and then keeping up with them off the walls of facebook. I guess I don't know what I'm missing (or want to know for that matter). Can't relate.
Oh, and I am sooo sad that I can't go to your class in the morn. But, thanks for a good class this morning.
Katie--youa re too funny! My lame blogging days started when I got pregnant with Bret--but Facebook has added to my lack of blogging. When we had our hous ein SC and it would get real hot. I would let Ryan "grill" alot, hence no cooking for me and the heat stays outside. So--excited to see ya.
My new goal? Freezer dinners. One hot day in the kitchen to make them all, one month of being lazy at dinnertime and just pulling them out and popping them in the oven, crockpot or grill.
... now if only I can get the motivation for that one day...
First you should always put up a picture of the Twins! Second, I'm a lame facebooker since I started blogging, so it is probably one or the other. And finally, I totally agree with the cooking in the summer thing. I go to the crockpot and grilling a ton in the summer. Last night we had baked potatoes from the crockpot. Cheap, easy and way cooler.
Um, yes. I love cooking, and I cannot get motivated to do it when our house is already an oven.
Last night I did pineapple chicken salad pitas - all I had to do was stick the chicken on the george foremann for a few minutes. If I was really ambitious I would cook all my chicken at once and then freeze it...but I'm not. But I try to avoid turning on the stove or oven at all costs, because they heat up the house so bad.
And...I'm a lame blogger to begin with. So I can't help you out there.
I guess I did things backwards...I have been on facebook for six years and just got into blogging a year ago so now I'm sick of facebook and more into blogs....
We fill up the propane tank at the beginning of summer and BBQ all summer long. You can BBQ your veggies and meat, so you really don't have to cook anything in the house.
I never liked cooking dinner. I find I'm just not hungry pass 5pm, and the kids always help themselves to food before dinner so I think why bother. Also David doesn't get home until after 7pm and I've told him that's too late for dinner.
As for facebook I do find it harder to do both, but my blog is more personal (that's why it's private) and facebook is well facebook.
um...get off facebook already and get me some updated pictures!!!!! :)
Post a Comment