Well, today is my last day at Intel. I have been interning here since July of 2006. I finished up my degree and graduated from BYU-Idaho in August in Computer Science with plans to go to grad school. Plans did not quite work out as I planned (I originally was planning on starting grad school in the spring, but during my application time, BYU decided to cancel spring term entrance for graduate school. So, I had another 4 months to work before going back). The only problem to this is that Intel will only allow you to intern with them for a year --> and I am coming up on the year mark. Wow, that went fast. I was blessed enough though to get another job that is the perfect length of time. I will be working at Nike doing software development for the remaining portion of the summer. They have a 10-week internship program that works out perfectly. My wife is also very excited that I am going to work there because she will have access to the Employee store to buy new workout clothes and shoes. (Although I think that my brother Devon might be a little more excited). I am looking forward to starting at Nike and getting exposure to a different kind of company. Hopefully, I will have multiple companies to choose from when it comes time to get a job.
Intel was great and I have nothing bad to say about them. I had a great experience and had an awesome supervisor and manager and the people there were great to work with. It was a lot of fun going to work with my dad and going to the Gym with him and Mitch Mason at lunch. Hopefully I will be able to stay in shape at Nike.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment