Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Board or DIE!

For those of you that don't know, Mike and I are quite enthusiastic about the sport of wake boarding. I grew up water skiing (you know, before wake boarding was invented), and as soon as the wake board become popular we picked up on that. Mike's family is pretty die hard about it. They have the boat, the boards, the rope, the gear...everything you could possibly want to become a stellar wake boarder.

As you can imagine, since joining the Smith family, my love for the sport has only intensified. When we wake board with Mike's family I use his Mom's board (yes, she has her own board and she uses it well). But whenever we go with other people I just have to use whatever board is available. This is not really a bad thing, but every time you try a new board you have to adjust to that board because every board is designed differently. Since Mike and I don't really get to wake board with his family anymore I just use whatever board I can and it makes me feel a bit like a beginner every time we go because I spend time adjusting to the board.

Blah, blah blah...the point is that Mike decided (with some encouragement on my part) that it was time I had my own board. So, for a belated Mother's day gift this beautiful new board showed up on my doorstep last week. I just couldn't wait to try it on. Thanks hunny...board or die.


This is me doing a grab, in case you were wondering.


13 comments:

Kat Rose said...

You are so cute Katie!! Makes me want to try.

mahina said...

looks good on you! what a great and fun surprise!

dustin woodhouse in the ward has been trying to get a nice enough day so he can take us out on his boat to try out the wakeboarding, but so far the weather has sucked!! ahhhh! it's getting old! hopefully once i am feeling better and the weather will get above 60 degrees and stay there, we will get a chance to try it out!

Becca said...

Hey, that's a good looking board. I want one! We are going tomorrow with some friends in our ward. I wish I had a few more skills. Pretty much, I can get up easily and go in and outside the wake. I wish I could do a "grab" or some cool backflip. Darn!

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean about having to adjust, snowboarding is the same way so I finally got my own! My husband want to learn how to wakeboard sooo bad this summer! Anywho, cute pics, love the board!

Michelle G. said...

Cool Katie! It looks hard to get on - do you put it on in the water like you do water skis?

Had had no idea that you have been at it 7 months! I thought you were having difficulty based on a comment you made earlier, but I didn't think it was that long. I'm sorry. It must be really frustrating always wondering if it's going to happen this month or not. But I'm sure you look at the bright side as much as possible - looks like you'll get some use out of that board this summer! (Hopefully not ALL summer though :-)

Megan said...

I'm so jealous! I know what you mean about adjusting to a different board every time you go out. I'm just going to keep telling myself that's the reason my skills aren't what I want them to be. :)

Justina Selim said...

How fun for you! I love your couches by the way! Way cute!

Scott-n-Allison said...

Congrats on the board...every girl needs her own! :)

Your hair is SOOO cute!

Anonymous said...

Katie you are so cute. It is so nice that you guys have an activity that you enjoy doing together as a family. Have a great time on your trip with the Smith's.

maggie-t said...

awesome! you look like a pro!

Carol said...

ok seriously how cute are you!! love it! love the pictures and man i sure do miss you.

Angela said...

KT-
You are looking great! Congrats on the new board!!! Way fun!! I am coming to UT in July! Let's get together!!!
Love ya!

Chelle said...

That last picture is so perfect.

You should send that in to the company the board came from. Maybe they'll ask you to model for them and you'll get all kinds of free stuff!

Seriously you look cool.