
This was just too good of a story, I had to share it with all of you.
So, I teach a kickboxing class at 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday and Friday mornings. There are a couple of pregnant girls that take the class and they are both due next week. One of the girls, Lanie, shared with us on Wednesday that she is dilated to a 3 and her doctor said she could go anytime. Those of us that have been pregnant know that's not necessarily true. Some women stay dilated to a 3 for weeks!
Anyway, Lanie showed up for class this morning and she and I were chatting before class about how she's not at all ready to go into labor. She hasn't packed a bag or really done any preparation (not that you need to, in my opinion). You see Lanie is just fine staying pregnant a little longer (crazy, I know). She would like to work a little longer so she can earn a little more money before she and her husband move in August for law school. Plus, she's been feeling really great. He jokes that the baby isn't bothering her all that much when it's inside of her. She still gets to sleep most of the night and she's cool with that.
Well, we were about 10 minutes into class when Lanie left. She didn't take all of her stuff so I thought maybe she just needed to go to the bathroom. She came back just a few minutes later and she walked towards her stuff (which was up in the front of the room) and she tells me on her way by, "MY WATER JUST BROKE!" Sure enough, poor Lanie looked like she had wet her pants. Thankfully she was wearing black. So, here we are in the middle of class and we all just couldn't help but cheer and shout for Ms. Lanie who will be having a baby today! I just couldn't get over how cool it was that her water broke while doing Turbokick. Especially since I had just made a comment before class about "what better way to go into labor than while doing Turbokick?"
It was classic. Congrats to my girl Lanie. No more sleeping through the night for you.
10 comments:
I am proud to say that I can add my witness to Katie's story. It was classic! Gotta love turbo!
Wow, who in the world does kickboxing that far along? Crazy! Maybe that is how people get back into their pre-pregnancy clothes so fast. Awesome story though!
that is so awesome! can you fly back in a couple months to help send me into labor? at that point I may be willing to pay for your expenses.
oh man here i thought you were going to tell me she delivered while doing a kick or something - but this story is just as good. mad props to her for still going - thats awesome!
great story...it just brings memories "flooding" back! jk
that is an awesome story! i've always wondered what i would do if my water broke out in public!
I think that's awesome. I want my water to break when I am doing turbokick
That's such a fun story! I had my good friend massage my feet for hours since she a massage therapist to try and get me to go into labor, didn't work. OF COURSE!
Crazy, I have never had my water break on its own. Doctor broke it both times!
You lost me with, "There are a couple of pregnant girls that take the class and they are both due next week." All of the sudden, I hate myself. WHO ARE THESE SUPER PREGNANT HEROS AND WHAT IS THEIR KRYPTONITE? Ew, this is all making me want to eat pringles until I put myself in a fat, pregnant coma.
Post a Comment