Have I ever told you that I despise our digital camera? Seriously, it is the biggest hunk-o-junk ever! As a result, I am currently a lame blogger because I get so frustrated with my camera I don't even attempt to take pictures of anything.
So, I'm putting a request out there. I know many of you are better-than-decent photographers and probably have some camera preferences. I'd love to hear your suggestions on a nice camera. I'd actually really like to be able to do things like play with lenses and such, but for now we may just have to start with the camera. Are there any cameras out there I can sort of build up as I go (aka as we get more money)? Oh, and we're looking at probably a $400-$500 limit. We can get something decent for that price, right?
I know, I could probably research all of this information on the internet, but I figured if I've got friends sitting out there with this knowledge already in their heads it sure would save me a lot of web searching. Ahh yes, and any suggestions on where to buy said camera would also be greatly appreciated. Am I asking too much?
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
We LOVE our digital SLR. It's a Nikon D40. We bought ours last year on newegg.com for about $550 but I just looked and now you can get it for $465. Scott's brother just bought the same camera too and loves it. I hear the Canon Rebel is good too but way more expensive. Seriously, get the Nikon. It has great reviews too.
Oh... and the Nikon is perfect for adding more lenses to once you get more money. That's what I plan on doing once Scott gets out of school and we aren't starring at such large debt figures. :)
Hey girl you wanted my advice right? ha Here it goes. So, I have heard great things about the Nikon D40 as well. Also, the Canon Rebel XTI is a good one. Something I would consider doing is heading into Inkley's Camera. It in University Mall parking lot in Orem. Right behind starbucks. I went in there to find out more on the Canon D40 and D30. They were very helpful there and can tell you the best camera for you. (What you are wanting to do with it that is). They have the Nikon D40 in stock and everything. Thats the best avice I can give. Good luck and let me know what you get.
OKay,.. vote number 2 for the Nikon D40,. thats what I have and I don't know a THING about photography,.. and I feel like I get really good pictures,.. it's in your price range and if you get it at Inkleys in the PTC(Provo Towne Center) they usually have good stuff to go with it! I heard of a nikon D40-X and it has a bigger Megapixle or something like that. Nikon,.. I think,.. is your the best Camera for your money!
My friend just bought a Nikon D something rather and she loves it. I love it and wish that I had it. My camera is missing half of the battery holder in thing. Not cool.
I know that costco always has great deals on cameras. My mom has a great one that she got there fore about 350. It would be worth a look there!
Your blog made me laugh because I am currently going through the same thing! With some help of friends and research I too have found that a Nikon D40 is an excellent choice. I however still want to be able to take video with our camera. That's why I am going to get the Canon Powershot S5 IS. Just go onto Best Buy, Circut City and read the reviews. They all say it's great for beginners who aren't ready for the financial commitment yet of an DSLR. From what I've seen you can easily get one (perhaps with a bundle package) for between $300 and $400. Hope this helps!
It seems you might be looking for a nicer one than I know anything about, but, I love ours. It is a Casio and is so small and easy to carry around. It does not require it's own suitcase to bring it anywhere. But, you can't play with the lens. I like that though because I don't know what I am doing so I would rather the camera just auto focus. Ours is around the $250-300 range and works great...But since you know what you are doing, you might want a better one...
WE have Sony cybershot from Costco and love it!
Man, with all these comments I think you're going to get some major traffic here...you had better put ads and start making money off this blog! I don't have a comment, but we are also thinking about buying a camera, so this is very useful. Thanks!
Canon Rebel is what we have that I took our family photos with. There are many different lenses you can buy for it. Its is also very compatable with computer programs.
anything CANON!
I'm jumping in a little late here...but I thought I'd comment anyhow. :-) I have a pentax that I used to use - it was around 400, but probably is much cheaper now - but it was all manual focus, which was no fun. I'd also suggest doing Nikon - I now have a Nikon D80 which I love, but I've heard good things about both the D40 and D60. Good luck!
Post a Comment