Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First "Major" Injury

I knew it was bound to happen, but Jack had his first "major" injury. By major, I mean his first injury that actually bled. It could have been MUCH worse. Thank heaven it wasn't. Oh, and this happened about a month ago, but I'm just now getting around to posting it.

This summer we spent pretty much every day at Seven Peaks so that we didn't die in our non-air conditioned apartment. One afternoon Jack was running from the pool to one of the kiddie slides and all of the sudden stopped in his tracks and started crying. I hurried over to him to see what was wrong and he pointed to his foot. Sure enough right under his little foot was a fragment of tile from the side of the pool. Jack had stepped on it at just the right angle that it sliced the bottom of his foot open. It was bleeding quite badly so I scooped him up and hustled him over to first aid. As I was half-jogging/half-speed walking to first aid the blood from Jacks foot was dripping off his toes and down my leg. Every one we walked past would say, "OH! Bleeding child! Watch out!" I thought it was kind of humorous.

Anyway, in the end Jack didn't end up needing stitches. The tile had sliced more along the surface of the skin (you know when you get a cut where basically you have a big flap of skin hanging) as opposed to deep into the skin. Jack was either really frightened by the whole ordeal or he has a seriously low pain tolerance because he cried, screamed and whined most of the rest of that day. Poor kid.


20 comments:

Alysa Stewart said...

He is such a cute hurt kid! I mean, you probably didn't think it was cute, but this picture is really cute.

Kedra Simpson said...

OOHhh, his sweet little face! I hate seeing the little ones get hurt but it sounds like you handled it well.

Leah said...

That's so sad!! Glad he is doing better.

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

Oh no! I hope that it gets better soon. I can't believe how big he is getting!

Chelle said...

That's crazy he hit it at just the right spot. My son is just the same when he gets hurt. He's 4 now and he's gotten much better because he has a concept that even if it hurts for a while, it always goes away eventually.

Bridget said...

Man, the girls in Jack's future are in for trouble...with a face like that, who could resist him?!

Trent & Tara said...

Oh poor little bud. That is very scary. I hate seeing them in pain. that photo is priceless...his face is hilarious. He is so cute.

Trent & Tara said...

The answer to your comment you left me...YES I do think my daughter gets cuter by the second. Ha I love the profile shot as well. You can really see how much she looks like Trent. Thanks for the sweet comment.

Anonymous said...

Ohh.. poor baby! I just love the look on his face in the first picture. He's such a cutie!

Alysa Stewart said...

Katie! Of course I don't hate you -- you silly goose! I love you! And we had plenty of help. I'm sad we didn't get to see your family once more before we left though. Whenever you're in Illinois give us a call! And yes, being a mom is super-fun. :D

stg said...

So funny, I remember that little fiasco at the old water park, which we miss dearly (okay, more like we miss all of our seven peak's groupies). I'm sure you are hitting your busy season with all the new ward members that will be shuffling in this Fall. How fun. Our ward also seems to always have new families moving in, yet sadly it has not been super friendly. I hope that changes real soon! Really you guys do such a good job of making everyone feel welcomed. Keep up the good work!

Chris

stg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maggie-t said...

even though it's a sad story I still couldn't help but smile. he is so little and the look on his face is so cute! your a great mom. i probably would have started to freak out when I saw the blood. it was great talking to you the other day.

Anonymous said...

oh...poor kid..Happy that it wasn't worse!!

P.S. I totaly know you would be invited...they might not have your address...No worries if you have not recieved your invite...I havn't either...they just took their anouncment pics...so they should be coming soon...hopefully!!

Would be fun to get together with you guys and pull whatever fam we can on that side for a fun..no wedding stuff..dinner!!

Maryblog said...

Poor guy! I love the way you tell the story though!! he is so cute! Ok so we need to talk about that photo shoot. You just let me know girl!

Carol said...

poor jack...i think a trip to AZ is just what the dr ordered :)

Marissa and Blaine said...

Poor guy! I bet that was scary for you too!

Angela said...

Oh...poor Jack! He is the cutest, Katie! I can't believe how big he is getting! You are a rock star mom!!!

Janni said...

poor baby, Luke got a little cut on his chin at seven peaks before we left Ptown.

dna said...

poor little guy :-(
by the way, his hair is so super cute! he is going up so fast!