Friday, September 19, 2008

Watch Your Mouth!

It all went down on the way to the gym this morning. I was pulling up to a green light at which I was going to turn right. Naturally I looked both ways, just out of habit, but I didn't stop all the way because my light was green. Thankfully I was going slow enough to hit the brakes while some dude on his bike sped through the intersection going the WRONG way!!

In case you didn't know, bikers should always ride WITH the flow of traffic...not against it. Running is a different story, but bikers should ride with traffic.

Anyway, this dude comes screaming past and I said, "Whoa dude...what the heck? You're going the wrong way!" Life went on and we continued on our way. It wasn't more than 1 minute later I hear Jack say, "What the heck! Going wrong way!"

Looks like I really need to watch my mouth because although I don't think saying 'what the heck' is all that bad, it really doesn't sound so good coming out of an not-quite-2 year olds mouth.

18 comments:

Abbie said...

Let me guess... he didn't have a helmet on either. Just kidding. But ya! HELLO?! If you're going to own a bike, read the rules. You are no longer a pedestrian when you're on wheels.

Katie Smith said...

Abbie - funny you should say that...NO he wasn't wearing a helmet. Surprise, surprise. Sometimes I swear that some people here in Provo have no brains...at least they're not going to once they get splattered all over the road.

Go helmets!

Amanda said...

Oh goodness,.. Jack is so darn cute,. and I am glad that he and Bailey will be married,.. Speaking of people in Provo not having brains,.. what makes pedestrains think that they can just walk out in the road when it's dark and think that I am suppoed to see them before it's too late!! Oh Provo,.. Gar!!

ShannonD said...

Hi Katie! It's me, Shannon(Sellers)Douberly! My sister let me know that Becca's blog was listed on our neice's blog and I got to you from her. Anyways, super cute little guy! It's good to see that you're doing so well. You can check us out at www.douberlyfamily.blogspot.com
Shannon

Becca said...

yeah, I think that grace was about jacks age when I called someone and idiot while driving and she repeated it. I had the same realization as you. But I think I still call people idiots

Michelle G. said...

Haha! Little copy cat. I know what you mean here - sometimes Emmanuel swears in Spanish while he's driving (um, road rage) and she will repeat him. Lucky for me they are isolated incidences and I think she forgets the words. Anyway, it's funny how our kids end up policing us - only by repeating what we say.

Are you guys planning any trips to San Antonio soon? You know, to see your sister? I bet she misses you... wink wink

mahina said...

it's pretty scary and a total reality check when you hear yourself coming from your children's mouths! kawena is picking up new phrases daily and while it is super cute, we ALL have to watch what we say!

Anonymous said...

oh yes. I too have heard my children say things that they have heard from an adult. (Mostly from my sister. She tends to yell alot in the car.) I always say to whatever adult is laughing at them, "It will not be so funny when their teacher at school or church tells me that they are repeating things they heard from you."

Lindsey said...

update the address for us: http://spectacularstephens.blogspot.com/

Kristine said...

LOL! That is so funny, of course because my child hasn't done it yet. Glad I don't have to watch what I say just yet!

mharoldsen said...

Hey i need your address

Amanda said...

so,.. just so you know,.. I tagged you,.. so look at my blog! I want to hear your quirks,..

Justina Selim said...

Haha, that is so funny! Aiden has done that to me a few times too! I was also driving! What is it about driving?

Janni said...

I can't wait for this to happen, but I promise Luke would say much worse things than "what the heck!"

Angela said...

Ha! This is hilarious!!! I love Jack!

Lindsey said...

lol... well there will be alot more where that came from as he gets older! Just wait! =) And yes, you are totally cool!

Carol said...

ok that is about the best story ever! love it!!

yay - i will see you in a couple of weeks!! woo hoo :)

KT said...

Oh shoot...I cuss all the time.