Monday, January 26, 2009

Alright....alright...

After some serious guilt trips by friends and family that I never get to see I'm finally posting a picture of my pregnant body. Here is a fairly sick picture of myself at 34 weeks with twins. That's about all there is to say.



I did have another appointment today and everything is still going well. The babies are both coming in at a whopping 4.4 lbs. Do you realize that means I'm already carrying over 8 lbs. of baby? YIKES!!! Baby A is still breech, but Baby B is transverse (sideways), so his head is between my ribs and hip on the right side of my body. It's actually a funny feeling because I've been wondering what was all the way over on my side and come to find out it a baby's head. That explains a lot. Anyway, he looks like he's trying to get head down so here's hoping that he makes it there in the next couple of weeks.

31 comments:

EHA said...

You are so cute and you look great!!

mahina said...

it's nice that you have the height because there is extra room in there for 2! you look about like i do with just one! disgusting! enjoy the next several weeks! i hope i will be done in the next few days. i started contracting today and lost my plug! yipee!

Leah said...

34 weeks with twins! THAT IS NOT FAIR!! You look amazing!!

Abbie said...

Seriously Katie, you have to look at yourself and realize there are girls carrying one baby who are waaaayyyy bigger than you! You look fantastic! I don't think anyone would guess you're carrying twins.

The Thomas Family said...

Kate, you look amazing! You are tiny. I thought women are supposed to get huge with twins. Sorry to hear about baby A is it? I hope he or she can make their way down. :)

Landon said...

katie, my favorite part about that photo is the look on your face - "really? really you want a picture of me?" priceless!!

and you DO look fantastic!

Amanda said...

Katie,.. I can't even believe how hot you are!! I can't believe there are TWO BABIES in there, and I seriously can't believe you are still working out!! You are my hero,.. period(.)!!!

Grace said...

You look great for 34 weeks in general, let alone 34 weeks with twins. keep it up! whatever you are doing it is working.

Ian and Lara said...

I am glad to see that you actually look pregnant, but it takes twins to get you that way! Your belly is still so small and cute! Good luck with everything!

Bridget said...

I felt I needed to do this, check this out:

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/pregnancyphotos/ig/Belly-Gallery/34-Weeks---Twins.-0re.htm


it could be worse......

you look fantastic! love you!

Lindsey Bell said...

How cute! I'm rooting for Baby B to keep turning! It seems like it would be more uncomfortable to be squished sideways. Maybe baby A will push him around.

Michelle G. said...

Oh my goodness. My heart goes out to you, Katie. You look like you're ready to deliver, but you have 6 weeks left! Maybe they'll come early :) You look like you're in good shape though. I remember what you looked like with Jackson, and I think you look more fit now. So stop worrying about that, at least! Best of luck and lots of love! M & E

Katie Smith said...

Hey Michelle! Small correction...with twins you only have to go to 38 weeks...thank heaven! So at most I have about 4 weeks left, not 6.

Lori said...

Just admit it... you are one hot twin-bearing mama! :) So, I guess each time she's hiccuping, she's pushing his feet into your ribs and you're pushing on his head. Poor little guy. Getting bullied around already. Haha! So, does this mean no C-section?

Becca said...

You look really good katie, you should have no problem bounching right back

Becca said...

Did you check out the link that Bridget put on there? WHOA!

Alysa Stewart said...

Oh good! I was going to give you guilt, but you posted a picture. Gee, you look like you're just SO happy to have this picture taken. :P Oh! And I wanted to ask you for some music recommendations as per your offer on Amanda's blog. I need something to groove to!

Maryblog said...

Adorable as usual! Way to go babies! 4.4 LBS! Nice!

Kedra Simpson said...

You look so great!!! I am excited for you and your family. and welcome to the minivan world. We had to break down and get one too. I think you will love it.

Brittany said...

You totally look just like I did at 34 weeks and I only had one baby in there. You look great!

maggie-t said...

You look so cute pregnant!! It's amazing how you do it!! I hope i look like that with just carrying one baby.

Anonymous said...

it really is unfair how great you look for being in your 3rd trimester and pregnant with twins. Hope everything continues to go well.

Carol said...

wow!!! i cant believe how freaking amazing you look at 34 weeks prego with twins!!! incredible :)

Justina Selim said...

You look so cute!

Melissa said...

You look sooooooo great, not like you're have twins at all, I think you carry so well. You know how short I am I looked like that at 20weeks- no joke, and you're 34 weeks already! Amazing. I hope your feeling good, they'll be here before you know it.

Kat Rose said...

You are so cute! I am so excited for you!

Trent & Tara said...

I agree with everyone else's comments you look AMAZING. You should be featured in a magazine or something...your so stinkin cute. And your face hasn't even gotten filled out. Seriously....ha ha. Your shower was so much fun today. Sorry, if I seemed rude I didn't mean that comment I made of you trampling over Evelyn. I felt really bad afterwards. And I am officially the biggest ditz ever. I can't believe I thought I got all of the answers right ..ne ways. I am so sorry if I hurt your feelings. I love you girl.

The Belka's said...

Katie,
I haven't seen you forever! You are so gorgeous! Those twins are so lucky to have such a wonderful mama! Hope it all goes well for you!
Love ya!
Janelle

Emma Crowther said...

Thanks for giving in. You look great. I love the expression on you face. You know it's all in your head because you look wonderful.

Jaime said...

Katie you look SO great!! Really!! I can't wait to see those twins. I hope you are doing well. Love ya.

Julie said...

I'm that big with one baby! =)