Do you ever feel like you don't have anything worth blogging about? Maybe you don't, possibly your life is always full of adventure and humor. I suppose mine is too, but sometimes I wonder, "is this really blog worthy?"
So, excuse my boring blog, but one thing on my mind lately is being a more adventurous cook. I often feel like I get stuck in a dinner rut. Does this happen to you? I make the same 5 or 6 dinners over and over, but just in a different order. BORING!
I enjoy turning on the Food Network and seeing what good ideas there are out there. Here is a recipe I got off of "Everyday Italian" that I made a few modifications to (omitting the wine, and adding chicken to make it more of a meal). What I like about this dish is that it has the same creamy texture of Fettuccine Alfredo without all of the fat and calories! You should try it, it's delish!
Mushroom & Artichoke Pasta
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 pound mushrooms, trimmed, cleaned and finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chicken broth
1 pound pasta (I like penne or bow tie)
1/2 pound frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (I've never been able to find frozen, so I use canned, marinated and it works just fine).
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 chicken breasts, cooked and sliced (I cook mine on the George Foreman with a little salt and pepper).
Saute onions in a small amount of olive oil and cook for 1 minute on medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and 1 teaspoon salt. Saute, stirring occasionally, until all the moisture has evaporated and the mushrooms have cooked down, about 10 minutes. Add the chicken broth and continue cooking until almost all the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta and add it into the mushroom mixture. Add the artichoke hearts, Parmesan and cream and cook until the artichokes are heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, parsley and pepper.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I always love new recipes to try. Gracias....
That was not a boring blog. I love the whole recipe idea. It sounds delicious. Kate you are quite the cook. Wish I lived closer so you could teach me how to cook. Seriously. You would think after 8 years of marriage and several years of single life you would eventually become a decent cook but, NOPE. It sounds like a definite Bell trait. You lucky Bells.
I am definitely a boring blogger. The key is just to entertain your self. haha. Plus, I just consider my blog a family journal. That way, it doesn't really matter if anyone else enjoys it, because we do! haha. Thanks for the recipe! I always use allrecipes.com and my friend just intro'd me to kraftfoods.com. They are great sites and have great dinner ideas!
I know I go through spurts where I feel like a boring blogger. But, you always entertain me.
I was thinking the same thing about dinners the other day. I will have to try this recipe. (Jake, my once awesome eater, will probably find something wrong with it--as usual lately.)
YUM!
Mmm! That sounds yummy. I love fettuccine alfredo (probably my biggest weakness) so I bet I'd love this. Did you try the pineapples w/dip yesterday? Very yummy, too.
So I hit Gold's during the singles scene, I guess. It was packed! And somewhat uncomfortable (I even saw a guy there that I went out with a few times... don't think he recognized me w/ dark hair. Whew!). Let me tell ya-- I'm weak sauce! I can't wait to get back to where I was. What class do you teach there Thurs morning? I might try to make it if Benson is full & asleep at home w/ dad...
PS - Fun blog. Not boring. Fun.
Post a Comment