It's kind of a long story, but back in my post-college single days I lived in a house in Salt Lake with a bunch of girls. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun we had living together. We lived in a old house that was pretty nice and updated upstairs, but downstairs (where Tara and I lived) it was a little ghetto: cement floors that had been painted gray, wood panel walls, and Tara had no bedroom door. We actually usually referred to Tara's room as "the workshop." She didn't have a closet either. Anyway, we called our house the Ghetto Palace because it was palace-esque upstairs and ghetto downstairs.
Melissa, Ange, Tara and I lived in the house, but we spent so much time with Erin, Jamie and Rochelle that we just call all of us the "Ghetto Girls." Actually, to be technical, Jaime was originally a "Barbie Girl" because she lived in a house on Barbey drive, but who cares about being technical.
Ever since we left the Ghetto Palace we have tried to have get-togethers whenever possible. Three years ago all of the girls came to Oregon for my wedding, two years ago we went to see Tara in Boston, last year it was Seattle to visit Ange. Of course, since we were all in Utah for Christmas this year (I guess it was last year now...oops) we had to get together. It was a necessity.
So, these are the Ghetto Girls. I can't even tell you how much I love these ladies, and how blessed I feel to call them my friends. Tahoe or BUST!
6 comments:
good girlfirends are the best! i know i miss my great friends from South Carolina.
I bet it was good to see all those ladies! There's nothing like girlfriends, except maybe a sister that's your "girlfriend" too.
You guys don't look like "Ghetto girls", you look more like "Hot Mommas".
It is so fun to see all of you together. I haven't seen any of them in such a long time. I recently heard from Tara, but don't know where any of the others are. Please tell them hi for me!
Okay, I was trying to picture your "ghetto" basement... painted cement and wood paneling? Classic! ha. I would say your new place is much improved. You'll have to see some pics of the place Allen & I lived at in Orem. It was scary! Just picture aqua blue walls in the kitchen in bathroom. Not kidding...
that sounds like so much fun! i love that you do a little trip every year! girl time! that's a must!
Post a Comment