Monday, February 18, 2008

Cinderella Had It BAD!!!

I learned from my Mother that there is only one good way to get a kitchen floor good and clean, and that is to get down on your hands and knees and scrub your little heart out. As you can see from the picture, my kitchen floor is not all that big but SERIOUSLY...my knees are always killin' me by the time I'm done.

You can't even really see me in the pictures (which is just fine because I was in my nasty cleaning clothes and hadn't showered), but Mike and I could not stop laughing at Jack who was desperately trying to break the barrier we had built to keep him off the wet floor. He kept getting so angry that he couldn't squeeze his head through the chairs.

9 comments:

Michelle G. said...

I know it's all about the hands and knees - but I am going to stick to my wet swiffer until it gets really bad. I keep a gate in the kitchen doorway so usually the only person in there is me, anyway :-) By the way, those chairs are great for keeping babies out! They have bars at the bottom so they can't crawl under. Bet you didn't think that would come in handy when you were shopping for furniture!

The Thomas Family said...

That's too funny. I do the exact same thing. I mean the blockade thing, not the get down on your hands and knees thing. (with chairs and all) It works well, doesn't it?!

Becca said...

And why is it that the kids always want to be in there while you are mopping? It drives me crazy! Mopping on hands and knees is the only way to do it though

Kat Rose said...

That picture brings me back. Except it was the other way around. I would trap my kids in the kitchen until the floors where mopped and cleaned. Infact I just did it to Austin on Sat. It works great!

mahina said...

hands and knees? i don't think i've ever done it that way! too involved! but your floors are probably cleaner than mine!

Anonymous said...

that is how I was taught to clean a floor too-- i don't think I have ever owned a mop.

funny story though--i have a friend who went on vacation and her husband planned to surprise her by cleaning the house before she came home. when she got home she walked in and was surprised that everything was clean. he made sure to tell her he even mopped the floor, but he couldn't find their mop so he had to go and buy one.

she said--we don't have a mop.

to which he asked--then how do you clean the floors?

her reply--on my hands and knees.

his reply--OH WOW!

Anonymous said...

funny kid... it looked like you have wood floors... it is always surprising to find how much dirt collects on wood... i clean my floor the same way you do... except i have to put up barriers to keep the mice out while im cleaning the floor not a child...they usually sit very patiently on my stove until i am done... nyc mice are very respectful!!

Lori said...

I swear I commented on this already, but I can't find it! Am I losing my mind??!

How are you feeling? I will call you tomorrow to check. This whole "being sick" thing is not good. I'm almost completely better, which is nice. Are you close?

We are planning on the ward activity tomorrow night & also a married couples dance at BYU on Saturday... at least for a little bit. You should come if you feel up to it! (More details on our blog.)

Anyway, hope you're doing alright. I will call tomorrow to check! Bye!

Justina Selim said...

Wow, you are one motivated cleaner! That is how my floor needs to be cleaned, but I can't remember the last time I did it!