Friday, February 1, 2008

Dancin' Machine!

Tonight our Stake had a Valentine's dance. They started the evening with some dance instruction. We learned the Fox Trot and the Cha Cha Cha. Mike took a social dance class back in his undergrad days, so he was totally one step a head of me, but once that hip hop music came on I was all over that!



They provided a nursery for the kiddos, but we brought Jack out to enjoy a little dancing with Mom and Dad. He is actually quite the dancer, you can't tell from the photo, but he was cuttin' some serious rug...eer, hardwood. All-in-all, it was a fantastic night.

Oh, and a huge HOLLA to my friend Chris for dancing the night away with me while our husbands kept each other company on the sidelines.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fun activity!! fun pics..

Kat Rose said...

Party animals!!! What a beautiful fam. I love to see all the pics.

Becca said...

So fun! You have a cute shirt on in those pictures! Did they play any good music? Sometimes at those Church dances the music can be a little lame. I wanna go dancing!!!

Alysa Stewart said...

Wow! You're a fast blogger! Jack was SO cute and I can vouch for the fact that he was really cutting it up. Especially when he started break dancing. :D

Anonymous said...

what's funny is that my parents actually have that video.. I just saw it a little over a year ago again.... Trust me....I have that one and the video with all the movies that nick and I made when we where young tucked away in my box back at my parents...I knew they where too good to throw away!! When I go home to vivst in March..I will have to see if I can put it on a dvd some how for the you and becca!!it's a fun video to watch to just be reminded how life use to be so simple and inicent and to laugh at ourselves..or you guys..hehe...

mahina said...

i love that first picture! you guys are really gettin' down! sounds like a great activity!!

Ian and Lara said...

How fun! Our ward never did anything like that! You guys look great! I just bought Gunner a shirt just about like Jacks! Too cute!

Leah said...

I miss a good dance. You rock.

Chelle said...

Great pictures, looks like such a blast. When I get a chance to dance like that I always turn into a crazy teenager again, good thing Brig doesn't get embarrassed easily.

Michelle G. said...

Emmanuel was just laughing at Mike in that first picture. You're all posing sexy and he's just like "I know this is going to be on the blog, so I better take it easy" haha. Love it. I wish our ward did fun things like that with babysitting on site. Emmanuel needs to brush up on his CHA CHA!

Carol said...

arent you guys as cute as donny and marie osmond :) i bet you tore it up on the hip hop songs! i am glad to see jack got his mommas dancing skills!

Anonymous said...

You are welcome. We loved having you come over. My Mike enjoyed talking with your Mike. Please come again. We will need to get together more. Hopefully we can make it down for a BB game.

Chris said...

Okay, so remember how we just didn't get it right last weekend to Thriller...well I got on youtube today to check it out. We have a lot of work to do, but I think with your coordination we can get it down in time for the ward talent show. Suzie says there will be one coming up and we have got to get a group together and do this little number. It gave me a rush just watching it... man aside from the fact that MJ is a creep, he sure can move!

The Thomas Family said...

Fun!! You guys are such party animals! What a blast to boogy as a family.

*to answer your ? you left on our blog. Yes Kat and I get together often. Not as much as I would like, but as much as we possibly can. It's been soooo fun!!!! I feel spoiled.

:) said...

Hey Katie! I love your shirt. So cute. Hey my baby's name is Zoii. Just trying to be sort of private. Anyways looks like you are having way to much fun. Jackson is sure a cutie.

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great time! you and Mike look great, and Jack is just too cute for words.

Abbie said...

Oh Katie, I know I should have invited you! But until last Sunday... I thought you might think me odd for doing so. I always worry that people I invite will say, "Oh... I hardly know her... she just wants a gift" Do you know what I mean? If it makes you feel any better, I completely forgot to invite one of my mission companions. Seriously, she's my good friend and saw her last night at Olive Garden and I was like, "Oh my gosh..." so ya... I'm sorry. Lori couldn't make it because they're in AZ so maybe a mini-shower? :( sorry!