Friday, February 22, 2008

Thriller


Again, it's back to the dancing. There are a few of us in my ward that are thinking about doing the Thriller dance for our ward talent show. Oh come on, what's more entertaining than a bunch of hip mommas doing Thriller? My only problem is that I can't find the dance anywhere on video. I've watched it on YouTube, but I need the video in my VCR (yes, I still have one) so I can memorize it and then teach it to the other girls. I've also looked for it on eBay, but I don't know that I'm willing to pay $30 bones for it.

So, I have a request...does anyone have Thriller on video? I just need to borrow it for a short time, and I'd even pay you to ship it to me and I'd ship it back.

Oh, and if you're in my ward and didn't know we were planning this, don't feel left out...it's an open invitation to anyone that wants to participate. I'll teach it to everyone, but first I have to get my hands on that video!!

13 comments:

mahina said...

that would be so fun to watch! sorry i don't have it. my mom proably does because she was a HUGE Michael Jackson fan, but it's most likely in storage somewhere. it's not a video she watches all the time, you know!!

good luck!

Abbie said...

The BYU library has it. It's due back on the 23rd so have Mike sign in and put a hold on it. If he doesn't know how to do it, call me and I'll hold it for you. :)

Amy D. said...

kuddos to abbie..good thinking. My parents had it ages ago. Who knows if they still do. I would pay to see this I think.

Katie Smith said...

Ooooh, thanks Abbie!! I'm going to get in touch with Mike right now. You're the best!

Oh, and do you not find it funny that it's checked out already? Who's watching it?

Becca said...

Yeah! I am glad that you can get your hands on it at the Library. You will definately have to video that one so that we can all see it.

The Thomas Family said...

Did you know it has been 25 years since the song originally came out? Does that age us or what?!
I only know this because on Rachel Ray today they were giving out his 25th anniversary "Thriller" CD that is being re-released. Interesting huh?!
I would totally pay to see a bunch of Momma's perform that one. :) I'm sure that's going to be a blast to recreate.

Anonymous said...

you are way too fun!!! You better film that and put it on your blogg!! Love it!!

what kind of a name is abra said...

You really might be my hero, that is hilarious. I want to see it too. I love reading about all the cool stuff your doing, thanks for all the comments, they are like love notes and I LOVE them!!

Amanda said...

I love this idea, and I am excited to view it from the nose bleed section!! ;) I promise that no one wants to see me attempt dancing.

Lori said...

If you want to learn the dance and can't get the video, I know that Chelsea has done it before. She will totally remember it or will have a video somewhere for sure. :)

Oh-- and by the way, when I told Allen about your idea to teach thriller to people & then perform at the ward talent show he said, "I'd totally do that!" ... which surprised me! Anyway, he would be one hot mamma! Haha.

Mary Kendall said...

we bought it off of itunes for a dollar. Go for it. I would love to see it!!

Chelle said...

I not only want to see a video of the final performance but I think a documentation of the practices would be too funny. I imagine it having all the elements of my junior high lip sync practices.

Carol said...

i dont know if this would help but the movie "13 going on 30" - she does the thriller dance in there. so maybe you could rent the movie and copy it from there. good luck and i think its freaking awesome that you are going to do that!!