I continually have to tell myself that "self-feeding is so fun," because in reality I think it's a big mess! I mean look at this kids face, it's a complete mess. But, Jack loves to try to feed himself and if it means that he'll actually eat something then I suppose I can put up with the mess. Wouldn't it drive you crazy to have food all over your face? Amazingly it doesn't seem to bother kids at all. What's that all about?


This is Jack trying to "feed" the camera his yogurt.
15 comments:
Oh the joys of trying to become independent! That is one step that is really hard for me! I hate cleaning up that kind of mess. But it makes them feel so grown up! Jack is so cute!
Oh Bailey's boyfriend is so stinking cute!!! She would love him to spoon feed her I am sure!!
Spaghetti is my favorite to clean up or anything with rice. Jello's pretty bad too. It's a stainer. I'm sure you've already figured this all out.
What a cutie your little guy is. Love the picture of his spoon. What a good sharer. :)
Such cute pictures, such an ADORABLE boy! When Connor was about a year old, I took him to the doctor's because I thought he had the chicken pox. Turns out he had a rash all over because apparently you aren't supposed to bathe a baby 3 times a day. Why was I bathing him 3 times a day??? Because of self-feeding!!!! It was so much easier to throw him in the tub, I swear that kid would bathe in his food at every meal. I got some of the best pictures of him then and like Jenni, spagetti was always a favorite!
i am with you! how can that NOT bother them having food dripping off their face??
i love the spoon feeding the camera, very cute!
Was Jack a messy eater before the spoon? Jackson is such a good eater, but is so extremely messy. I can only imagine what it will be like when he can feed himself. Ah oh!!!
Ok, I am so OCD i am not sure i will be able to handle the self-feeding stage. I have a hard time letting Luke eat with his fingers! I'm such a dork!
Very cute! Bring on that blog stalking girl. When are we having that Hip Hop lesson.
cute boy! it only gets better as they get more independent--hopefully. just wait!
I love that first picture! He is such a cute little guy! The mess always drove me crazy too! Aiden refused to wear a bib so I was changing clothes all the time. He would rip it off as soon as I put it on and if I had one that he couldn't get off he wouldn't focus and eat! The one thing I loved about it though is that I could actually sit down and eat my dinner without having to feed him between all my bites! I'm selfish like that, I love food! haha!
My grandma tells me that when she let her kids go at it with the spoon that she put the high chair outside on the grass and then used the hose on the chair when they were done. I think it's too big a mess otherwise haha.
you know, they sell cameras that eat yogurt now...on sale at Target..
My boys still eat like that. I don't know if boys ever care if food is on their face. What a cute little guy.
Post a Comment