Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Does Your Vacuum Suck?...Literally

I want to know. Does your vacuum suck? Because mine doesn't and I need a new one in a bad way. So, I want to know if you have a vacuum you love and has lasted you a long time? Ours is a piece-o-junk and I've got to get a new one stat.

Please, I'm begging, send me your advice/recommendations. I'd like to buy one, uh, yesterday...or possibly tomorrow...no later than the end of this week 'cause I don't know about you but I can't stand an un-vacuumed floor. UGH!

17 comments:

kandra said...

Hi :) My parents have had a "Kirby" vacuum for about 15 years and it still works great. However, the prices are incredibly high. Dyson is also a good brand. I have the cheapest one and love it. I did have some problems with it, but they have a great warranty and they shipped it to a warehouse and fixed it - completely free to me. I would suggest the Dyson animal one (it's purple I believe). They have a new one out that is orange and I've heard from friends that it is great too.

Anonymous said...

I know it is pricey, but we have a Dyson and it is the GREATEST thing in the world. It really is. If you get those 20% off's at Bed, Bath & Beyond you can save a bundle on them. Good luck with finding a new one. I am a vacuum freak. I love having a vacummed house!

Brittany said...

Brent's work - the RC Willey outlet store sells a Dyson for cheap. They have other vacuums too. He can get pretty good deals. You should call him.

Rach said...

haha this post cracks me up! We have a Eureka and it works great!

ShannonD said...

We have had the same Hoover vacuum since my husband was a single airman living in the dorms! That's going on 10 years! It still works great. We also got another Hoover for free (we try to keep them on separate floors) and it's great, too. Get a great mid-grade Hoover and you'll be happy for a long time! You're adorable, by the way! Shannon (Sellers)

maggie-t said...

I love our vacuum. We got a really good deal on it (at Best Buy of all places). It is a Dyson. It is the best vacuum I have ever had. It is light, easy to move around and can get into any corner! Plus we never have to worry about buying vacuum bags b/c it has a chamber that stores the junk and when it is full you just dump it out. It sounds gross, but it is not. GOOD LUCK!

Lori said...

We have a Bissel "Velocity." It's purple, but it works like a champ. I'm not sure the price bc it was a gift for Cmas on year, but I know it's less than a Kirby or Dyson. I think it was from Target. Anyway, I know it's rough to spend money on things like this!! If you need to borrow one, let me know and I'll wheel it on over there! I certainly don't vacuum as much as I should anyway... haha!

Tianna said...

We have a Boss Eureka. We got it for our wedding, so I don't know how long it lasts, but it's been a really awesome vacuum.

Maryblog said...

My vacuum really stinks....literally it smells really bad. I may be in the market for one too...maybe we should go together!

Mary Kendall said...

I hear you! I wanted one that sucked but I didn't want to pay a whole lot. I bought a simplicity vacuum that sucks better than a basic oreck (Which is my dream Vacuum) and is a lot cheaper! (It was still more than one you would just buy at any store.) I got it at starks and love it! They covered it from any damage for free for 3 years and tuneups included.
Good luck with the shopping!

Carol said...

3 words....dyson from costco. buy it, you'll love it and if you don't its costco baby, return it!! jared and i bought 3 vacuums from there until we found the one we liked best and they took all of them back, no questions asked :)

Lindsey said...

I have one and will always recommend the pink Dyson! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! And it's guaranteed to never stop sucking! 5 year warranty too! And all the parts come apart for easy cleaning... you wont regret it and $40 goes to help cancer victims. So can't go wrong with that!

Ian and Lara said...

We have a Dyson also and we love it! It is definately the best one we have used, and it is worth the price! Good luck!

Kim said...

Mine is a piece of junk too. If you find one you like let me know, but it sounds like Dyson is great, I might have to put some tax return money towards one because every time I want to vacuum I have to put the belt back on. WHAT A PAIN!!!

Sophia Films said...

We got a Bissell for our wedding. It was probably relatively inexpensive and has worked great for the last 3 years.

Michele and Todd said...

The light weight oreck is the way to go. A little more expensive than a hoover but they last and last and are so well made. It is the best vacuum I have ever had.

Annette said...

I think that you should try to clean out the hoses!
Luv,
mabell