Yes, I'm still pregnant. There was a small amount of hope that I would be induced today but my doctor is an idiot (excuse my harsh tone) and won't induce me until Sunday. According to my doctor I won't be 38 weeks until Thursday. Without me knowing my due date was bumped back after my first ultrasound because the babies were measuring small at the time. That would have been nice to know before. Today the babies measured at 35 weeks (I've only gained 1.5 lbs in the last 3 weeks and didn't gain any weight in the last week). So they are still small. The doctor didn't give me a weight estimate and I was too busy crying to ask many questions.
I know, I sound bitter. I'm just done being pregnant and ready to meet my little babies. However, I'm trying my best to be positive and look on the bright side...my babies weren't born super early (often twins are), I've never been put on bed rest (worked out this morning), and both babies are head down (ideal for a vaginal delivery). I've been very blessed and can't complain.
So, that's the update. Hopefully the next time I post it's with pictures of sweet, healthy babies.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
AHHH!!! You have every right to complain! I was whinning (sp?) for three weeks before Whitney was born,and I was only pregnant with one!!! Hang in there, we are SO excited to hear the news and see some pictures!!!
It's OK to complain. I did plenty of it at the end, even though I felt lucky to be healthy. I've been thinking about you, but like you said I haven't wanted to ask. I remember those phone calls or looks from people at church--that said "oh, you are STILL pregnant." I wanted to say "Nope, the baby wants to come out, I'm just holding him in there since it's all around so much fun. Take care, and we can't wait to here.
i am so sorry that your doctor is so stubborn! i have been thinking so much about you lately. i hope you are doing well. i am so excited to see your little ones!
Oh Katie,.. sorry I asked!! I will pray you just go into Labor tonight, to heck with your Doctor! Dummy!! I am SOOo glad that the other baby turned. If you are 9 months preggers with twins and it's time, you have EVER right AND reason to complain. I would be screaming profanities(and faking labor) You are a saint, and my idol! I can't(really I can) believe you are still working out. I can't wait to see pictures! (hey at least this gives me another week to hopefuly get some headbands done for little Evelyn. Good luck!
Oh Katie! You are the best! I was hoping for today too but its ok. It will go by fast with your Mom here! Just have soooo much fun!! I can't wait to get your phone call! I can't wait to see those little cuties!! You are AMAZING!!
Katie...I was sure you would have had them by now...but on the bright side, I'm sure excited that they did not come too early! Make sure your hubby posts for all of us to get the news when the blessed twins arrive! Here is to a quick and safe delivery!!! Hey, did I tell you I will be a grandma in late August??? Yep, my daughter to the left of me in my picture is finally pregnant! Yeah!
Dang, girl!! I am feeling your pain. It would have been VERY nice to know about the whole due date change, huh? Wow. BUT-- these little angels are definitely worth it. They're gonna love you guys so much. And hey-- if your doc doesn't really remember who you are, you can just send me in for your weigh in next time. Haha. I'm sure I've gained weight in the last week!! Hehe. Don't worry... my gym pass should be renewed shortly! We love you guys and think you're awesome. Please let me help with this little babies. I'm so excited to meet them!
Oh, man! I'm sorry! But really, Sunday isn't that far away. We should hang out - to pass the time. :) I'm so glad they're both head down, though! That is a huge blessing. Way to go little guys! Now, just get out here!!
Dude! That's the pits! I was thinking about you all yesterday, hoping that you were having babies. But they'll come soon! And they'll be soo cute!!
It sucks to be pregnant at the very end and especially with twins... but, don't hate on your doc! :) If they are only measuring at 35 weeks... it might be for the best. Just remember, the longer they're kept in, the better for them. I'm sure you would have hate to have been induced yesterday only to find out that they weren't as far along as everyone thought and that their lungs weren't developed, etc. I doubt your doctor is out to get you and punish you by being pregnant. Your list at the end sounded very upbeat and it's nice that you're grateful for all the good fortune you've had. I can't wait to see the twins! Hang in there... if anyone can do it, you can!
Aw Katie, I hope they come soon. I thought about you this weekend. Go ahead and be bitter and complain about that doctor as much as you need to. :-)
i am so glad you called yesterday and we got to chat! just think...a few more days and this will all be over and you will be holding max and evelyn - yay!! enjoy your last few days with kiddos in your ribs - an expierence i hope you never feel again :)
you just said vaginal!
Good luck!!! I hope you're a mommy of 3 soon!
i want to cry for you. why are ob's such freaking morons???!!! I feel your pain (well, maybe only half of it) and hope you are a healthy family of 5 before Sunday when you are supposed to be induced!
dude. i can't imagine how hard that is! With twins you expect to go into labor before the due date, not after! dang it. I would cry too, a lot.
Sorry girl!
I love it when you whine! lol its cute! i hope everyhting goes well! im excited to see your pictures! me and ash are thinking of you! os i hear you saw her at rio! awsome! miss ya!
Congrats on the babies!! luv ya!1
Good Luck with everything! Nat
I feel for ya on the "Done being Prego" thing. I hate being pregnant and I've never had twins. I can only imagine. But your super cute and we wish you the best.. Hope all goes well and enjoy your last few days of life with 1 kid.
Post a Comment