Thursday, April 17, 2008

On The Farm

While in Oregon we spent some time visiting my parents out at Bell's Orchard. A few years ago my parents sold their house in the suburbs and moved out into the country. They purchased a few acres and my Dad has been busy planting an orchard. You see, this is his retirement plan. He will eventually retire from owning and running his computer consulting business to running an orchard. Sounds like a nice relaxing retirement doesn't it? Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything less from my Father. He is the kind of man that needs to be busy all of the time. He and I are very much alike in that regard.

I have come to realize more recently how much I adore seeing my child interact with my parents. It just melts my heart to see my Mom and Dad play and talk with Jack. I get all teary just thinking about it. Maybe it's because I love and respect my parents so much that I love to see glimpses of what they must have been like with us when we were little. I obviously don't remember it and it's so precious to me to see them and Jack together.

Jumping on the trampoline with Nate, Jocey, and Uncle Reed.


Helping Grandpa build a fire.


Mowing the lawn with Grandpa.



Peach blossoms.


Petting the baby chicks. Jack really was excited and happy to see them, despite what his face in the picture may look like.

12 comments:

Justina Selim said...

How fun for your little guy! Aiden would have loved all of that, especially the lawn mower ride!

mahina said...

i love the pictures of him mowing the lawn with your dad! that is adorable! what is up with his face in the chick picture! that cracks me up!

Jeremy said...

Jack is so cute! It is really nice of you to go to Organ to help your in-laws out. It is also really cool that you could see your own family. I love the picture of Jack and the chick, it is hilarious.

Ian and Lara said...

That is so crazy all the things going on in your family! I am sure they loved having you there for a little while. I hope everyone is doing better!

Anonymous said...

fun stuff..you got good parents!!

Becca said...

I wish I could have been there, I love Mom and Pops

The Thomas Family said...

Jack's face in that last picture is hilarious. What a cutie.
Man, I miss your family. Why can't we still be neighbors?!! You guys want to move to Georgia???

Kat Rose said...

Coming form Georgia, the farm looks so beautiful. I love all the green. I never pictured Loyd as a farmer, but now I can see it.
Cute family.

Chelle said...

I really love it that your parents moved out to a farm, I love having my kids out at my parents farm.

Such great pictures.

Michelle G. said...

That face is priceless! And the pictures of Jack on the mower with your Dad are great too. I know what you mean about watching them interact with your parents. Doesn't it make you wish you lived there?

Michelle G. said...

Katie - how do you get captions on your pictures? Please help!

Angela said...

I can't believe how big Jack is getting! He is so stinking cute! Sounds like you guys had a great time in Oregon!!! Yahoo!