Saturday, October 27, 2007

I NEED Your Advice

Alright my fellow bloggers, for those of you who care about trivial matters, like hair, I've been contemplating this for quite some time and I think I've officially decided to whack all of my hair off. And, I'm not kidding...all of it! I'm planning on donating the hair to a charity called "Locks of Love."

I've wondered all my life what it would be like to have short hair and now I'm just going to do it. Plus, as some of you may or may not know, my mother-in-law, LaFawn, was just diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. She started chemotherapy this week and Mike says that in a tribute to her he's going to shave his head, and he's going to try to get some of his brother's to shave their heads too. He said I should shave mine too, but that was a little too drastic for me.

So, here are the options. Oh, and I realize I don't look like any of these celebrities, but it's the hair we're going for here.


Cute, but is it too short?


Definitely the most conservative, but long enough to put in a ponytail.


Very similar to the one above, just a few more layers, and bangs which I pretty much have anyway.




Chunky and funky, but is it too many layers?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Nicole Ritchie hairdo. But they are all cute! Read your e-mail or give me a call, I wanted to ask you another question, and I have a thought!

mahina said...

my vote is the first meg ryan photo. if you're going to do it, which you say you are, than go all the way!

i donated 19 inches to locks of love when i was prego with nani. it was so fun, but i always wished i went shorter. now my hair is so long i probably wouldn't chop it again for awhile, so i wished i had gone really short (i even considerd doing a pixie cut. so fun and easy!! sad i didn't when it was short!)

can't wait to see the pictures. when are you doing it?

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

I would say one of the Meg Ryan cuts. I think that the 1st one would be way cute and it could grow into the second...so my vote would be the 1st.

Michelle G. said...

I agree with some of the others - I really like the first one. You are so active and cute that a short 'do suits you well!

Leah said...

I say first Meg-it's one of my favorites and one I go back to frequently. Also love Nicole's, if I could pull of bangs, I'd go there, but I can't, so I will continue to have the same hairdo the rest of my life.

Mary Kendall said...

I like the funky chunky Meg Ryan, its a fresh hip look for a young mom who is staying on top of things.

I have to admit that I also like the conservatice one, but risks are good too. At least hair always grows back.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom-in-law, Hope everthing goes well! Is this the one that I met, that teaches at 24?

good luck!

Mike Smith said...

I think that you'll hot in all of them, but my vote is for the short to try it out. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I like the pony tail ideas with the Sarah Michelle & Nicole looks. I am sure anything will look cute on you! Post pictures when you do get it cut!

Carol said...

ok here is my vote...Nicole Ritchie...because since you work out all the time I think you still need it to be able to go in a pony tail and I think the more layers and long bangs she had would give you some spice instead of just the regular bob cut. that's my 2 cents :)

ps - I am really sad to hear about LaFawn. I will keep her in our prayers - she is such a neat lady.